Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Haven't tried yet
Make and share this Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Roll out a 2-foot piece of waxed paper or foil near the stove top.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat -- your pan must be very hot when the chicken is added.
- Pile the shredded cheese on the work surface created with the waxed paper or foil.
- Season your chicken breasts with black pepper but no salt; the cheese will add enough salt to the taste of the dish.
- Press the breasts firmly into the cheese. Coat both sides of breasts with as much cheese as possible.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet, 1 turn of the pan. Set breasts into the skillet and cook 7 minutes on each side, until cheese forms an even, golden casing around the tender chicken breasts.
- While chicken cooks, combine chopped tomatoes with basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Drain off any excess oil from chicken as you remove it from the skillet. Top chicken with big spoonfuls of raw sauce.
We enjoyed this. I found it a little hard to get the cheese to stick, and had to pat most of it on top. The oil should have been included in the ingredients list. I think next time I would just make this in the oven, since the cheese tends to scorch in the pan. The flavor is excellent, and we really enjoyed the raw tomatoes and basil on top. Thanks for posting!