Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This looks delicious!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare the chicken by halving and then halving again lengthwise. (Whole chicken breast are a bit too big.
- Pound to about 1/2 inch thick. Blend the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice with a fork in a wide, shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and zest in a second wide, shallow dish.
- To crust the chicken breasts, dip each in the egg white mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs. Then transfer the chicken to a rack set over a baking sheet.
- Air-dry the chicken for 20-30 minutes to help set the crumbs.
- To cook, first saute the chicken on the stove in an ovenproof skillet.
- Saute until the chicken is golden and crisp on one side, then carefully flip the pieces over. Cook until golden.
- Finally, transfer the whole pan to a 450 degree oven to finish. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven.
- If you are serving this with Sage-Butter Sauce , prepare the sauce and keep it warm in a warm water bath.
- It will hold just fine for at least an hour.
- For the Sauce:.
- Saute the shallots in butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until soft, 2 - 3 minutes. Add the wine, cream, broth and lemon juice.
- Simmer until reduced by half, 8 - 10 minutes. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly.
- Do not add more butter until previous addition has melted completely.
- Finish sauce with sage and seasonings.
- Keep warm in a warm water bath until ready to serve.
For the first time I cooked this recipe and totally loved. It took a litte time but was very worth the while.