Recipe by lovemyfam
Simple parmesan and breadcrumb mixture that keep the chicken moist! Very good with augratin potatoes--not sure where the recipe was copied, but has been in the family for years!
For the Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard, mustart
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (fresh is good)
For the Coating
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup English muffin, crumbs (or sandwich bread)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CHICKEN: Rinse the breasts and pat them dry. In a shallow bowl whisk together the mustard, wine, salt and pepper and add the chicken. This can be coated right away or put in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- FOR THE COATING: In a large shallow dish mix the cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix in the melted butter until well combined.
- TO COOK: Oven should be at 450, using a butter spray, spray a baking sheet or rack. Take a breast from the mustard mixture with one hand and without wiping off any mustard, lay the breast in the dish with the crumbs. Pat the crumbs over the whole breast until all sides are coated. Put on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken. Roast until it's crispy and the chicken is cooked through. 25-30 minutes. Check after 15 minutes, temperature can be reduced to 400 if the chicken is getting too brown.