- 1 lb calamari, tubes cleaned (about 15 )
- 30 wooden skewers (6 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tubes in half lengthwise. Thread onto skewers. Combine cheese and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Brush egg white lightly over squid. Dredge squid into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place skewers on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil calamari 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Basil Sauce or sauce of choice.