Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crusty scallops--excellent! From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄3 cup finely crushed onion flavoured melba toast, about 9
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- lemon wedge
- Place the broiler pan on the second rack position to keep the scallops from burning.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large ziploc plastic bag.
- Brush scallops with butter.
- Add scallops to bag, seal and shake to coat.
- Place scallops on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Great stuff! I gave all the scallops a healthy spritz of fresh lemon juice before doing anything else with them, I do that with almost all fish or seafood before cooking it, just a little quirk I have. We also used Italian seasoned breadcrumbs instead of the Melba toast. Other than that, the recipe was made as directed, and we thought it was quite scrumptious, even 3 year old La Princessa ate all of hers. Thanks! :)
Since my wife is not fond of scallops, I made this recipe with Shrimp ( large prawns ). They were fantastic!
I am on a low carb diet so instead of using melba toast I mixed 6 large pork rinds with 3 tbsp French's french fried onions. I pulsed them a few times in the food processor and used that as my breading. These scallops were so delicious. I served them over a nice spinach salad. Thank you!