Recipe by JustJanS
A nice warm salad of parmesan crumbed chicken, tomatoes and greens.
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! This Parmesan crusted chicken is the most moist and tender I have ever eaten. The crust sealed in all the juices, only 3 drops ever made it to the pan. The balsamic vinegar, orange juice and sun dried tomato flavors were perfectly balanced and the dressing made a perfect foil for the Parmesan and bacon flavors. I made the recipe as directed substituting arugula for the basil and turning up the temp a notch when adding the bacon to brown the chicken. The perfect main dish salad for a hot summer night in Phoenix. Another high five for Jan S.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 150g each)
- 150 g rindless bacon
- 150 g mixed salad greens, washed and dried
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup torn basil leaves
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Combine parmesan and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- Place flour and egg in sperate medium bowls.
- Toss 1 chicken fillet in the flour to coat and shake off any excess.
- Dip in the egg to coat then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs firmly onto the chicken.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Place the fillets on a wire rack over a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Place the bacon in a single layer on another tray, and add to the oven.
- Cook the chicken and bacon for a further 13 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crisp.
- Thinly slice the bacon.
- Meanwhile to make the dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the salad leaves, tomatoes, basil and green onions in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide among serving plates.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into thick slices and divide among the salads.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and drizzle with the dressing.