Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy and delicious way to eat your vegetables. From RealSimple Magazine.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, ground in a food processor (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and thyme. Toast until golden, then remove from heat.
- Add the Parmesan, broccoli, and a few grinds of pepper. Toss.