Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, Grated
- Trim crust from bread.
- Cut the half-slice of bread into halves, making squares.
- Diagonally cut each square into halves, making triangles.
- Arrange the bread triangles in a shallow baking dish or pie plate.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute or til the bread is dry.
- Remove the bread triangles from the the microwave oven.
- In a custard cup microwave butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 to 40 seconds or till melted.
- Drizzle over bread triangles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Quick and easy recipe but didn't work for us. I had to microwave the bread longer than instructed and still it didn't dry out. Drizzling the butter on the bread only made it soggy. I ended up using the toaster oven for these and they did crisp up a bit but not totally. I'd skip the microwave, toast the bread and then drizzling the butter.