Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a great hors d'oeuvres. If you can't find prosciutto you can use a little bit of crumbled bacon.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- For the Crisps: Place a 2 1/2 inch ring mold in one corner of the baking sheet and fill with 1 tablespoon of the parmesan cheese. Spread out onto an even layer and repeat to make 8 rounds, leaving at least 1 inch between rounds. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 second to firm the crisps enough so that they can be moved with a spatula. One by one, remove them and place them into a muffin pan to shape them into cups. After a few minutes they will set and can be removed and the remaining crisps can be made. If you waited too long to put them in the pan and they are no longer pliable, just throw the muffin pan back in the oven for a minute to soften them up again. Repeat until you have as many parmesan crisps as you want.
- For the Goat Cheese Mousse: Place the goat cheese in a food processor and mix. Add the cream through the feed tube and continue to process until smooth but will hold it's shape when piped. Add the parsley, salt and pepper to taste and mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning. The mousse can be made 3 days in advance and brought to room temperature 30 minutes before use.
- To assemble: Place a small amount of chopped arugula in each cup. Place the mousse in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 2-3 tablespoons into each parmesan cup. Top with the crumbled prosciutto and serve.