Recipe by Claire de Luna
Grate some cheese and after three minutes in the oven, you have a beautiful appetizer for a glass of wine. The cheese melts into a lacy circle, and the fresh chives add color and flavor. Try other fresh herbs or freshly ground pepper for variety. I found this in the Chicago Sun-Times Food Section and was impressed with how well these turn out!
- melted butter, for greasing
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment and lightly brush parchment with butter.
- Sprinkle cheese in mounds on baking sheets and flatten slightly with a fork to 2-inch rounds.
- Bake for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan rounds with chives and bake for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove Parmesan rounds from oven.
- Leave for 2 minutes to become crisp.
- Using a metal palette knife, transfer to a wire rack to cool.