Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thin cripsy snacks that melt in your mouth.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup grated freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- Rub together flour and butter in bowl with fingertips.
- Work in the egg yolk, cheese and remaining spices.
- Mix to make a dough ball. Shape into a log.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the log into very thin slices 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch and arrange on baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork to make it pretty.
- Bake for 10 minutes until crisp but not browning.