Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Even if you are not a spinach lover you have got to love this this, it's so good!
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup 18% table cream
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use about 1/4 cup onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and slightly drained
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in flour, seasoned salt and black pepper; whisk for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in table cream and whipping cream then stir in cream cheese, increase the heat to medium, stirring/whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick; set aside.
- In another saucepan over medium heat saute the onions and garlic in about 3 tablespoon butter until transparent (about 1-1/2 minutes).
- Add in spinach and broth or water to the pan; reduce the heat to low; cover and cook stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the prepared white sauce with the Parmesan cheese; toss well to combine with the spinach.
This made a nice creamed spinach. I used whole milk to cut back on the fat a little and also used low fat cream cheese. I loved it! Thank you Kitten!