1/1 Photo of Parmesan Creamed Spinach
Even if you are not a spinach lover you have got to love this this, it's so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup 18% table cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use about 1/4 cup onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and slightly drained
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- 2Stir in flour, seasoned salt and black pepper; whisk for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add in table cream and whipping cream then stir in cream cheese, increase the heat to medium, stirring/whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick; set aside.
- 4In another saucepan over medium heat saute the onions and garlic in about 3 tablespoon butter until transparent (about 1-1/2 minutes).
- 5Add in spinach and broth or water to the pan; reduce the heat to low; cover and cook stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- 6Stir in the prepared white sauce with the Parmesan cheese; toss well to combine with the spinach.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.6
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 552.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: