Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is enough for 4 smaller servings, the recipe can easily be doubled. I have even made this using frozen peas, in place of corn, or mix 1/2 pound each corn and peas together!
- Butter oven-proof small serving dishes or one dish large enough to hold the corn mixture.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the frozen corn, whipping cream, salt, sugar and white pepper; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt butter.
- Add in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add in the corn mixture; mix to combine, then add in about 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Set oven to broil.
- Place the corn in a casserole dish, or small oven-proof serving dishes and sprinkle with about 1/4 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil under heat until browned.
Easy and delicious! My hubby went wild for this. He practically licked the bowl. I make this almost every week now as a side. Great recipe.
Very good! I scaled back on the whipping cream due to other posts. I ended up using about 3/4 cup of the cream. This was a nice addition to our Christmas dinner. Thanks KittenCal!
Wish I would have listen to Rita. Use way less whipping cream the corn was swimming and if I made again, which I just dont think I will, less sugar. It was just way too sweet for us with all the cream, sugar, and butter. I used fresh corn and added parsley. But that was the only change I made so it shouldn't have effected it that much. Thought maybe it would set up upon broiling but it did not. But if you like it really rich and sweet then it would be for you! Glad to see there is a little, LITTLE flaw with Kittencal cause as most of us know there usually is not!