Recipe by nunyabusness
Crab cakes... yum. Will they work with imitation crab? Here's to finding out! From a kraft cookbook
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped (red or green)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crab, cheese, eggs, pepper, onion and mustard.
- Shape into 3" patties.
- Coat each patty with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook 3 minutes each side, till golden brown.
- For sandwiches, place to patties for each sandwich, then top as desired with tartar sauce, cocktail sauce or lemon juice.