Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Parmesan Cornbread Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly spoon flour and cornmeal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg whites; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 10 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack. Serve warm.