Recipe by Tracy K
Delicious stuffed "twice-baked" potatoes... makes a nice side dish for many entrees, and the attractive presentation would be suitable for entertaining. Can be prepared in advance and frozen, and you can cut down on prep time by initially "baking" the potatoes in the microwave.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, baked and cool enough to handle (about 2 large potatoes)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using a paring knife, peel the baked potatoes in wide strips, cutting thinly but leaving some potato on the peel (about 1/4 inch).
- Use the peelings to line six cups in a muffin tin.
- Grate the potatoes into a bowl, and gently stir with remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Mixtrue should be moist enough to hold together when pressed, not dry and crumbly.
- If it is dry, add a Tbsp.
- more milk and olive oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop or soup spoon, fill the muffin tin potato cups with the grated potato mixture.
- Pack firmly and then mound the tops for an attractive presentation.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- You can freeze these unbaked.
- To prepare, place individual servings in muffin tin and bake as directed, increasing bake time by 15 minutes or until heated through.