Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious stuffed "twice-baked" potatoes... makes a nice side dish for many entrees, and the attractive presentation would be suitable for entertaining. Can be prepared in advance and frozen, and you can cut down on prep time by initially "baking" the potatoes in the microwave.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, baked and cool enough to handle (about 2 large potatoes)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using a paring knife, peel the baked potatoes in wide strips, cutting thinly but leaving some potato on the peel (about 1/4 inch).
- Use the peelings to line six cups in a muffin tin.
- Grate the potatoes into a bowl, and gently stir with remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Mixtrue should be moist enough to hold together when pressed, not dry and crumbly.
- If it is dry, add a Tbsp.
- more milk and olive oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop or soup spoon, fill the muffin tin potato cups with the grated potato mixture.
- Pack firmly and then mound the tops for an attractive presentation.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- You can freeze these unbaked.
- To prepare, place individual servings in muffin tin and bake as directed, increasing bake time by 15 minutes or until heated through.
We absolutely loved these potatoes. Loved the tastes of the cheese and chives. I served them with barbecued chicken and steamed broccoli. Thanks Tracy
Extremely good recipe and a nice presentation change! I made these 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving, vacuumed sealed, and froze in the freezer. Took out of the freezer Thanksgiving morning, placed into a muffin pan and baked as directed adding about 10 minutes extra in the oven. Everyone raved how good these were and how cute they looked as compared to having the regular old mashed potatoes in one big pan. Thanks Tracy for a new family standard potato for the holidays. Will be making again for Christmas brunch for DH's family.
Just had to try these - and is my family glad I did! These are first rate - flavor, fluffy with a crunch on top, and super easy and quick to make. Thanks, Tracy, for sharing what is sure to become a regular treat on our table!