Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This muffin was created and baked by Room A5A, North Haven Middle School (CT) students. It is an easy recipe that uses ingredients that are inexpensive and usually on hand. The class chose to develop the popcorn muffin because we run a business named "The Popcorn Palace."
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in cheese, garlic and chives.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20- 25 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular size muffins.
The taste is delicious! MAB