Recipe by rpgaymer
This recipe was emailed to me, but I don't know where it's from originally. I've had the recipe stuck on my fridge for a while and have made it often, so I'm going to post it here for quick reference instead.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
Sometimes the simplest recipes turn out to be some of the best!<br/>This was nice for something different but will stay a distant second from classic chicken salad, mostly because if you don't like Parmesan cheese (like hubs), basil or fresh, raw garlic, you certainly won't like this. I love it all, but was glad I reduced the amounts of all three by nearly half. I loved the subtle flavors they contributed, but can't imagine using the full measurements called for! Not sure of what pureeing the celery was, but I did, but I also added some sliced celery as well for texture and crunch. I served this over Romaine lettuce leaves with hard boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes on the side and it made for a light, but satisfying lunch. Thank You ....PRMR 2013.....Grpa
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken between two sheets of wax paper and pound with a flat mallet until the meat is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Prepare 3 bowls- one to hold the flour, one to hold the beaten eggs, and one to hold the Parmesan cheese. Combine the four dried herbs with the grated cheese.
- Coat each chicken filet with flour, then egg, then the Parmesan-herb mixture.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the mixed greens in four salad bowls. Top with fresh basil & tomatoes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive, & salt-pepper to create a dressing. Pour over salads, and toss a bit if desired. Once the chicken filets are done, serve them over the salad.