Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Fast Chicken"/The Hawthorn Series
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into thick strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 50 g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Dust the chicken with flour.
- Whisk together the eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan.
- Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the egg , then roll in the breadcurm mixture to coat.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Cook the chicken in batches for 1-2 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the warm chicken.
This is a very nice chicken strip recipe. I scaled back to serve just one. Worked wonderfully. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
We enjoyed this with and without the garlic butter. I will be making this again. Made for 123 tag.
Fork tender and tasty. The garlic-parsley butter is a nice touch. I might add a bit of dried Italian seasoning to the bread crumbs next time, for some added flavor. Very quick, easy recipe. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.