Recipe by rpgaymer
This recipe is from bonappetit.com, and it's a great healthy twist on my favorite salad- Chicken Caesar. It also looks great on the plate. I add capers to this, but it's not part of the original recipe.
Top Review by momaphet
With thought the chicken portion of this dish was 5 stars, it was very flavorful, and quick and easy to put together. We thought the roasted romaine was just ok. The flavors were pretty good, but the texture wasn't great. I've enjoyed braised lettuce before so looked forward to trying this. Made for PRMRT
- 4 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 4 -8 anchovy fillets, drained & chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on prepared sheet. Combine cheese, panko, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, and half of the garlic in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pat panko mixture onto breasts. Roast chicken until crumbs begin to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven; place romaine around chicken. Drizzle romaine with 1 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with remaining garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and lettuce is soft & browned at edges, about 5 minutes.
- Divide among plates. Top lettuce with anchovies and capers; garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing over.