Recipe by becki swift
This recipe can be served as an appetizer or main dish. Your company will love this easy, tasty dish! Also requires a brick (yes, a brick)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can artichoke heart (not marinated)
- salami or any italian ham
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaf
- egg wash
- parchment paper
Directions See How It's Made
- dip chicken breast into egg wash, then dredge in parmesan cheese.
- Place two breats in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and top with salami or italian ham.
- Then top with basil leaves.
- (only need a few for each layer) Cut artichoke hearts in two then dip in egg wash and dredge in parmesan cheese.
- Top salami& basil with the artichoke hearts.
- Repeat the first steps to make a second layer.
- wrap a clean washed brick in foil.
- Place on top of chicken to weigh down the chicken layers.
- Place loaf pan into a 13x9" baking dish.
- Add enough water to the baking dish to come half way up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for two hours at 300 degrees.
- Chill over night.
- To serve as an appetizer, invert the loaf pan onto a platter.
- Remove parchment paper and slice through.
- *can be served hot over fettuccini alfredo.