Recipe by susie cooks
My kids love these! They are from the Barefoot Contessa.
Top Review by Scout Aunt
Oh my, this will be a favorite now...My chicken was frozen, so i dipped it in some hot butter with garlic powder, then dipped in the remaining. This dish was delicious and the breading was wonderful. I served it with Ramen noodles and garlic toast. The teens loved it! Thanks for this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Combine salt, pepper and flour on a plate.
- Beat eggs with 1 tablespoon water in a pie plate.
- Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on a third plate.
- Dredge chicken on both sides in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture and then roll the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan on medium low heat.
- Cook until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil as needed to the pan.