Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice recipe to serve at a football party or any get together. Came off a blog.
- 6 chicken tenders
- 118.29 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 78.07 ml marinara sauce
- 6 basil leaves
- 6 slider rolls
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together bread crumbs, panko and 1/4 cup of parmesan. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Flatten chicken with a mallet so they are even width.
- Cut off the tips of the tenders so that the chicken would be more of a patty shape. Don't worry I didn't throw them away, but used them in another dish the next day.
- Dip each chicken patty in the egg then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook the patties until golden on each side.
- Remove and put in a baking dish.
- Top each patty with 1-2 tablespoons for marinara.
- Then top with mozzarella and the rest of the grated parmesan cheese.
- Slice the rolls in half and put on a baking sheet.
- Cook chicken patties in oven for 15 minutes. Bake rolls for about 5 minutes.
- Place basil leaf on the bottom of the rolls then top with chicken patty. You can serve with a bowl of marinara sauce if you like!