Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
I made this on a particularly hot Summer day and wanted a pasta salad for dinner. I had Wishbone brand Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch dressing in my fridge and used that as the base to my dressing. Note that these measurements may not be exact. I spooned out what I thought was enough, so I am kind of guessing on those, but just adjust to your own liking and you may omit or add other ingredients to your liking.
For the chicken sauce
- 5 chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
For the Pasta
- 16 ounces pasta salad noodles, any shape is fine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons relish
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes. Mix the ingredients for the sauce. When the chicken has about 2 minutes or so left to broil, brush on the sauce. When all cooked through, remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut up into small pieces.
- Cook the noodles until just tender in salted water. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and stir well. Combine the sauce and the cooked, cooled noodles well.
- Add the diced onions, peas, carrots, and craisins, and the cooled, shredded chicken to the noodles. Stir all well.
- Allow to chill for at least 20 minutes. (Although when I made it, it didn't take that us that long to start eating it and the chicken was still slightly warm, which gave a nice contrast to the cold pasta.).
- This may be made up to two days in advance.