1/4 Photos of Parmesan Chicken Paillards With Cherry Tomato Sauce
This recipe is a hit in our house! It is easy to whip up and has all the taste of chicken parmesan without all the calories and fat. To save time, I cut up the tomatoes while the chicken is cooking. From Cooking Light March 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2.46 ml kosher salt, divided
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper, divided
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped (I use frozen chopped onion, unthawed)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet or a small heavy skillet.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- 3Combine cheese and flour in a shallow dish. Dredge one side of each chicken breast in the cheese mixture.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breast halves, cheese side down; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken breast halves.
- 5Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 6Carefully wipe any browned bits from the pan using a paper towel.
- 7Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Stir in broth and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Add tomatoes, remaining salt and pepper, and oregano; cook 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Chicken Paillards With Cherry Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 476.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar