Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I Love Chicken Fried Steak!A Comfort Food For Me.
Make and share this Parmesan Chicken-fried Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, 1/2 inch thick,cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In shallow dish, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Place milk in second shallow dish.
- In third shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese and oregano; mix well.
- Place 1 steak piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Working from center, pound steak pieces with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap.
- Repeat with remaining steak pieces.
- Dip each in flour mixture to coat.
- Dip in milk; dip in bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add steak; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Remove steak from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- To make gravy, melt butter in same skillet.
- With wire whisk, stir in 1 tablespoon flour; cook until light brown.
- Add all remaining gravy ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened.
- Serve gravy over steak.
This steak recipe is deeeelicious! Fantastic flavor with the parmesan cheese, quick and easy to prepare. Thanks for a winner! Laudee C.
This recipe was wonderful. I served it to four people and everyone loved it. I even forgot to make the gravy and they were perfect without it.
I never had this before, but the ingredients were all things my family likes and I have on hand. I followed the ingredients and directions without any alterations and made the gravy too. We all agreed that it was good, and everyone that likes chicken-fried steak & gravy would probably love this recipe, but for our own tastes we will stick to a marinated steak on the grill.