Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another tasty stuffed chicken breast dish. The spinach is mixed with cream cheese and parmesan to make it nice and creamy. Prep time does not include cooking time for frozen spinach.
Top Review by mariposa13
Ahhhh this was sooo good! I had thick chicken breasts, so I just butterflied them and put the spinach mixture in the center. I thought it may be difficult to brown the chicken with the spinach mixture (didn't want it to fall out), but that wasn't an issue. This was very easy to make, just following the instructions. I'll definitely make this again!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts, between sheets of waxed paper.
- Cook spinach according to package instructions and drain well. While still hot, add 1 tablespoons parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until melted.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons spinach mixture on top of each chicken breast and roll up tightly. Brown chicken breasts in oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place chicken in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Add remaining parmesan cheese and continue baking approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and melted.