Recipe by swingncocoa
I like to make a double or triple batch of the breadcrumb mix to freeze. Then, whenever I want some chicken, it's ready to go! So super easy and quick!
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
This was so good. The chicken came out tender and moist. My hubby gives it a thumbs up, too. I used the tenders and had to fry it for 2 minutes on both sides for it to be cooked completely. Helpful hint...to know if your oil is ready for frying place the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil touching the bottom of the skillet. If you see rapid bubbles around the handle your oil is ready. If you cook in oil that is too cool you will get very oily coating. Next time I think I will add some garlic to the coating just to kick it up a notch. (we love garlic.) Thanks swingncocoa for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- lemon wedge
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for Breadcrumb mix and set aside. (note: breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning can be substituted by Italian Breadcrumbs).
- Cut chicken into 1-inch thick slices. Place slices between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness (note: do not do this with tenders) with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with cooking spray and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- In 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook half of the chicken slices, about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Serve with lemon wedges.