Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Long time family favourite.
Make and share this Parmesan Chicken (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup converted long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- salt and black pepper
- Mix together dry soup mix, cream soups, milk and rice in medium bowl.
- Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of lightly greased crock pot.
- Place 1 tbsp butter on each breast and pour soup mixture over all.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
This made for a good meal; easy to make and tasty. I would not add the salt due to the fact that the onion soup mix is very salty by itself. You could go on a sodium high!
We liked this, and I will make it again. Comfort food, and it is simple to put together. I had doubts about rice in the slow cooker, but it worked great! I cooked mine on low for 5 hours in a smaller crock pot.
This was just ok for us. The chicken was a little dry (I cooked it for 8 hours on low) and it was bland. It was certainly easy enough to put together.