Recipe by JeannaLW
Came up with this easy recipe when looking for something just a little bit different. Smells divine while cooking, tasty and comes together quickly. Although I used macaroni noodles, any kind of pasta you like can be used. Enjoy! *Tip - To easily cut up boneless chicken, partially freeze it first and use a sharp smooth (non-serrated) knife.*
Top Review by tara portee
This was pretty easy and flavorful. I rolled the chicken cubes in butter before I crumbed them, it helped the coating stick better. I used less pasta (just a preference). I think I would have liked a little extra Parmesan mixed in with the mozzarella to bump up the flavor. Thanks for helping me create a nice dinner.
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni noodles
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup dry parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter and olive oil together gently over medium heat.
- While noodles are cooking, mix bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese in a large ziplock bag or bowl with tight-fitting lid.
- Place diced chicken in the bag or bowl and shake vigorously, coating chicken with bread mixture.
- Cook chicken in butter/oil mixture until cooked through, and browned on all sides. (about 10 minutes).
- Layer baking dish with noodles, 1/2 sauce, 1/2 shredded cheese, chicken, remaining sauce, remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.