1/3 Photos of Parmesan Chicken Breasts With Lemon (no Tomatoes!)
There are tons of chicken parmesan recipes on 'zaar but this one is different: no tomatoes or marinara sauce. Instead, the parmesan is complemented by the freshness of lemon zest and juice. I strongly recommend using PANKO breadcrumbs if you can, they will stay crunchy after the baking. If your chicken breasts are on the large side, or you simply want more of the parmesan flavor, you can double the topping mixture portion of the recipe. PLEASE NOTE the handy 'zaar feature for converting metric to US equivalents ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- 2Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion, lemon zest, butter, salt and pepper.
- 3Place the chicken breasts (pretty side up) in a lightly greased oven-proof baking dish (or spray dish with non-stick spray).
- 4Salt and pepper breasts as desired.
- 5Divide the topping mixture between the chicken, cover them as evenly as possible and press the mixture down with a fork.
- 6Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is done (juices run clear); remove them from the baking dish to plates.
- 7Add the lemon juice to the baking dish and mix with the pan dishes; return to the oven (briefly).
- 8Sprinkle the chicken with the parsley.
- 9Remove the baking dish from the oven, stir the juices again then pour over the breasts and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Chicken Breasts With Lemon (no Tomatoes!)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 390.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets