Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This chicken is delicious.It's a little different than the ordinary Parmesan crusted chicken. I believe I got this from TOH. You can use this as a base for chicken parmesan or cut the chicken into strips for chicken tenders.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 -8 boneless chicken breasts
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl combine the butter, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- In a plastic bag combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in butter and then shake in crumb mixture.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
This is one of the best baked crumbed chicken dishes we have had. The skinless breasts were big (350g+ each - 3 of them) and took the 45 miniutes to cook at 175C fan forced oven. I scaled the recipe back to 3 serves and had no butter to drizzle over and used some canola oil spray to assist cooking and they had a lovely crust on top and were moist and flavourome. The DM and I couldn't get through all of ours so the DS has a sandwich for tomorrow and there is still enough for another sandwich - the DM has laid claim to it. I couldn't get italian breadcrums, so used regular dried and put some italian herbs in and then the grated parmesan. Thank you so much Lisa Lou Who for a great recipe.
We liked this chicken. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is we felt it was missing something, which for us means spice/heat. I did really enjoy the mustard, worcestershire taste. Next time I will either add McCormicks steak seasoning, or a little Chacheres to the breadcrumbs. This will also work for my chicken OAMC. Just freeze the raw chicken in the marinade and tuck in a baggie of the breading mix. Thaw, bread, cook and you've got it.
This recipe has many good qualities--readily available ingredients, easy preparation and a taste all will enjoy. It's always refreshing to make a dish approved by everyone at the table. For that, five stars. Cold leftovers are especially tasty.