Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for dinner last night, and it was easy and tasty. I did double the amount of rice and broth though. I knew one cup wouldn't make it here! From Cooking Light...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms:saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil: cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
This was excellent considering it was a last minute, "use what you have in the pantry" meal. I also doubled the broth and rice and was asked for even more rice during dinner. I omitted the mushrooms just based on my family's tastes. Very tasty, very easy, light and very delicious. Thanks! This will go in my rotation.
This is great! I took me 10-13 minutes to cook the rice.