HEP MEP's Note:
I made this for dinner last night, and it was easy and tasty. I did double the amount of rice and broth though. I knew one cup wouldn't make it here! From Cooking Light...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms:saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 5Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil: cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Stir in cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 523.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.1 g