1/1 Photo of Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncle ben converted rice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup diced ham
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions; remove from heat and stir in half of the green onions; set aside and keep warm.
- 2In a large fry-pan, heat the oil; saute chicken strips, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- 3Remove chicken from pan and reserve drippings.
- 4Saute remaining onion in drippings until tender; add more oil if necessary.
- 5Stir in cornstarch; add milk.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Reduce heat; add cream cheese; stir until smooth.
- 8Remove sauce from heat; return chicken strips to pan; add broccoli, Parmesan cheese, and ham.
- 9Stir and cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 10On individual serving plates, spoon rice mixture onto plate and then top with chicken-broccoli mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning