Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use dried basil that I grew and dried myself. This is another family favorite
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten Chicekn to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crubs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side until juices run clear.
I prepared this two different ways as I was serving dinner at two different times due to hockey night. I made it as written the first time, then I made it using bone-in breasts, but placed it in the oven at 375 for 45-50 minutes. (As these breasts were large, I did increase the bread crumb amount.) Both ways were very good and I would make it again. Made for PAC 2013. Thanks for the recipe.