Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm not a big fan of chicken, but this dish is so delicious! It's very simple, too.
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup round buttery cracker, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Combine cracker crumbs and parmesan cheese in medium bowl and mix well. Place melted butter in a small bowl. Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then roll in cracker mixture. Next, place chicken pieces in a greased 13"x9" baking dish. After you have finished, sprinkle any leftover crumb mixture on top of chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Mix soup, milk and sour cream in a large bowl and pour over browned chicken. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Stir before serving.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
A delicious and simple dish. I used thin chicken breasts and didn't cut them up. Next time l think I'll use half a stick of butter and maybe cut back on the sauce a little. It does go well with rice. Thanks for the recipe Angie :)
This was good and easy to make. I didn't have round butter crackers so used all saltine crackers and used more parmesan cheese then indicated. We thought this could use a bit of seasoning. I did add some pepper. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
Very easy to prepare. My breasts were fairly large, so increased the baking time by 15 minutes. I believe I will add just a bit more Parmesan next time. Delicious. Made for PAC Fall '08. :)