Prep 14 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens (cut up any pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half (might need two depending on chicken size)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian preferred)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking pan, should be at least 13x9x2.
- Melt butter. Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Glide each half of garlic clove over chicken parts until covered. Throw garlic away.
- Dip chicken into butter, then coat with cheese mixture.
- Arrange chicken skin side down in pan. Pour remaining butter on top of chicken. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; bake uncovered 20 minutes (or until done, 160 degrees internally.).
- Serve with asparagus and potato salad.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I cooked it in a pan on the grill. I used unsalted butter and dried thyme. Great tasting chicken.
This was food heaven for me. Chicken and cheese! I used chicken breasts with the skin on, cut those in irregular pieces. Because I used the breast I cut down the cooking time in half. Lovely smell whilst it is cooking in the oven and we loved the thin crispy coating on the chicken. Served this with penne in a light tomato sauce and vegetables.
I used butter and omitted the garlic (personal preference ;) ) It was so easy to do and so tasty. Thanks Andi :) Made for market tag.