- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens (cut up any pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half (might need two depending on chicken size)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking pan, should be at least 13x9x2.
- Melt butter. Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Glide each half of garlic clove over chicken parts until covered. Throw garlic away.
- Dip chicken into butter, then coat with cheese mixture.
- Arrange chicken skin side down in pan. Pour remaining butter on top of chicken. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; bake uncovered 20 minutes (or until done, 160 degrees internally.).
- Serve with asparagus and potato salad.