Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe by Theresa Wilfahrt Tendick for the "From the Governor's Pantry" cookbook, Lind House Association in New Ulm, Minnesota, July 1988. The book is dedicated to the many volunteers who had donated their time, talents and money to restore the John Lind home.
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (dash)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (dash)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- Roll chicken in mixture.
- Arrange in 2 quart shallow baking dish (12 x 8 x 2), bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken; bake 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, blend soup and milk.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes more or until done.
- Arrange chicken on platter.
- Stir sauce; serve with chicken.
I made this for my boyfriend for dinner last night. I served it with Pasta and Broccoli, tossed salad and garlic bread. Thank you so much for the great dinner. This recipe was so simple and would be great for a week night meal. I'm going to make this again very soon! :)