- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 box)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400*F. Mix egg and water. Mix cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14x10-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush both halves with egg mixture. Top 1 rectangle with cheese mixture. Place remaining rectangle over cheese-topped rectangle, egg side down. Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 28 (1/2-inch) strips. Twist strips and place 2" apart on greased baking sheet, pressing down ends. Brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 28 appetizers.
- Tip: Crisps can be stored in airtight container up to 1 week.
- Another Tip: To make ahead, twist strips. Place on baking sheet and brush with egg mixture. Freeze. When frozen, store in plastic bag for up to 1 month. To bake, preheat oven to 400°F Place frozen strips on greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.