1/1 Photo of Parmesan Cheese Twists
Okay, go out and buy some puff pastry sheets! Then go back to your kitchen, and make these! You won't be sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400*F. Mix egg and water. Mix cheese, parsley and oregano.
- 2Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14x10-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush both halves with egg mixture. Top 1 rectangle with cheese mixture. Place remaining rectangle over cheese-topped rectangle, egg side down. Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- 3Cut crosswise into 28 (1/2-inch) strips. Twist strips and place 2" apart on greased baking sheet, pressing down ends. Brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- 4Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 5Makes 28 appetizers.
- 6Tip: Crisps can be stored in airtight container up to 1 week.
- 7Another Tip: To make ahead, twist strips. Place on baking sheet and brush with egg mixture. Freeze. When frozen, store in plastic bag for up to 1 month. To bake, preheat oven to 400°F Place frozen strips on greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Cheese Twists
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 38.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g