Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Okay, go out and buy some puff pastry sheets! Then go back to your kitchen, and make these! You won't be sorry!
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 box)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400*F. Mix egg and water. Mix cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14x10-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush both halves with egg mixture. Top 1 rectangle with cheese mixture. Place remaining rectangle over cheese-topped rectangle, egg side down. Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 28 (1/2-inch) strips. Twist strips and place 2" apart on greased baking sheet, pressing down ends. Brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 28 appetizers.
- Tip: Crisps can be stored in airtight container up to 1 week.
- Another Tip: To make ahead, twist strips. Place on baking sheet and brush with egg mixture. Freeze. When frozen, store in plastic bag for up to 1 month. To bake, preheat oven to 400°F Place frozen strips on greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
I made these about 2 years ago now itmust have been and they tasted great we also did marmite and cheese twists at the same time TY Sharon
I couldn't find puff pastry dough at the store I went to, but it was a small one. So I improved and bought a can of breadsticks, followed the rest of the recipe and they were so yummy. Can't wait to use the pastry dough, bet they are even better.
yummy twist on breadsticks! these are delish! added some salt. thanks for sharing!