Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
Almost like a souffle, but much easirer to make. It's light and airy but holds up well andis almost foolproof. Serve with seeded rolls and fresh tossed salad. DelicioSSSo!!!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the flour, oregano, seasoned salt and black pepper. Stir in the sour cream and the grated cheese.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until lemon colored.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry. Gently but thoroughly fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2-quart souffle dish or casserole that you have dusted with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree for35-40 minute or until puffed, frim and well browned. Serve at once with creamed butter and celery sticks.