Prep 1 hr 4 mins
Cook 37 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus a bit more to grease the tin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Step 2: Mix flour and salt in small bowl.
- Step 3: Whisk together milk, eggs and 1 tablespoon of melted butter in another bowl. Pour over flour mixture and whisk until blended. Then, fold Parmesan cheese into a batter. Next, cover the bowl with plastic and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes, until bubbles appear in the dough.
- Step 4: Grease muffin pan and place in oven until hot. Remove pan and pour batter into into six indentations, then transfer to oven and bake for 17 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake an additional 20 minutes until popovers are brown and crusty.
- Step 5: Remove popovers from oven, and turn pan upside down to remove popovers.
- Serve immediately and piping hot.