Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This yummy recipe comes from my friend Elaine. She brought it to a party and after only one bite everyone was asking for the recipe. It is very good with your favorite crackers but is even better w/ sliced fresh bread. I think it would even be good over steamed broccoli as well. The next time I make it I plan to bake some in bite sized pastry shells and see how that turns out.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesof softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces wedge parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 huge scoop mayonnaise, NOT Miracle Whip
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Bake in a small ungreased covered casserole dish for 20 minute @ 400 degrees.
- Allow to cool a little before serving. Serve warm with your favorite crackers/bread.
- A note about the Mayonnaise. She didn't give me a measurement but I would say start with about a 1/4 cup and add more if it still seems too thick. The mayonnaise adds flavor but it can make the dip too thin if you use to much.
I have made this so many times. It is heavenly! A staple at football parties and backyard barbecues. Made it for a dinner party one weekend and now it is all they want me to bring when we gather. One thing-Hellmans real mayo works best