Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are crispy and yummy and so easy to make. They go great with soup, and also look pretty with a tossed salad. You can either do these in a non-stick fry pan or in the oven on a well-greased parchment sheet. You need one tablespoon of cheese for one crisp.
Top Review by Abby Girl
This recipe as actually been "around the block" before....but I couldn't find my original recipe, so I used this one. I have tried using the frying pan menthod before, but ended up with a globby mess...the oven method is so much easier to work with. There is enough oil in the parmesan that you don't need the butter; just leave them on the tray for 10 minutes to cool down and they come off easily. I sprinkled the cheese disks with some of my mixed pepper blend. Thanks for a quick recipe to get me out of a pinch!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- IN A FRYING PAN:.
- If you choose the non-stick fry pan on top of the stove, spray the pan with cooking spray and put one tablespoon of cheese for each crisp in the pan.
- Flatten out a little in the pan with the back of a spoon.
- On a medium heat cook them till you can safely turn them over and cook on the other side--you don't want to burn them.
- Carefully take out and put on paper towel to dry.
- If you do this in the oven, heavily grease with butter or spray with cooking spray, and do the same as above.
- Put in a 350 degree oven for about 6-7 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn.