1/1 Photo of Parmesan Cauliflower and Parsley Salad
From Gourmet magazine. "Fried with parmesan coating, humble cauliflower takes on a whole new appeal in this salad; lots of parsley makes it aromatic and refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley, lossely packed (2 large bunches)
- 1In a large bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until combined. Stir in mushrooms and marinate while making cauliflower.
- 2In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add cauliflower and toss until well coated.
- 3Put cheese in a large bowl. Lift cauliflower out of egg mixture with a slotted spoon and transfer to cheese, tossing to coat.
- 4Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- 5Panfry cauliflower in 3 batches, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 6To assemble salad:
- 7Add parsley and cauliflower to the mushroom mixture, tossing to combine.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Cauliflower and Parsley Salad
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.8
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 775.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g