Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cauliflower is fried with a parmesan crust. Yummy - this is from Gourmet magazine.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated with a rasp (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Thaw and pat the cauliflower dry.
- Lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss until well coated.
- Put the cheese into a large bowl. Lift cauliflower out of egg mixture with a slotted spoon and transfer to cheese, tossing to coat.
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot (not smoking tho!).
- Pan fry the cauliflower in batches, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Chop over some fresh parsley to serve.
We really enjoyed this!! I didnt have the parm-reggiano cheese so I subbed the canned parmesan cheese with great results. I'll go all out next time and use the fresh stuff specified. Thanks for posting!
This is an excellent way to gussy up some frozen veggies!! Nobody minded that I decided to make this at the last minute (and making dinner 1/2 hour later...) because it was sooo good! Thank you!