Recipe by A la Carte
Cauliflower is fried with a parmesan crust. Yummy - this is from Gourmet magazine.
Top Review by Munchkin Mama
We really enjoyed this!! I didnt have the parm-reggiano cheese so I subbed the canned parmesan cheese with great results. I'll go all out next time and use the fresh stuff specified. Thanks for posting!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated with a rasp (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and pat the cauliflower dry.
- Lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss until well coated.
- Put the cheese into a large bowl. Lift cauliflower out of egg mixture with a slotted spoon and transfer to cheese, tossing to coat.
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot (not smoking tho!).
- Pan fry the cauliflower in batches, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Chop over some fresh parsley to serve.