Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I hate fish, but this tastes similar to chicken when fixed this way and isn't so bad for me to eat!
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon course-ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Mix eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Dip fillets into egg mixture, and then into bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place fillets, rounded-side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Spray fillets lightly with non-stick cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
This is one of the best fish recipes I ever made. It tastes better than fried! Everyone loved it, even my son who doesn't like fish. I served it with baked potatoes and salad and it was perfect for a Saturday night supper. We eat fish often so I am definitely making this again with different types of fish. Thanks for a great fish recipe.
This is a really easy and quick dish to prepare. I didn't change a thing, except to adjust the ingredients for six filets instead of four. The whole family absolutely loved it, including one who says she doesn't like fish. I served it with a salad and some parmesan angel hair pasta. It took me less than 40 minutes from start to finish to prepare the entire meal. I will definately be making this again. Thanks for posting it.
This recipe was wonderful!! What flavor!! Just a hint: I halved the recipe and used 2 large fillets. There was enough leftover "batter" for 2 more. Felt that was a bit of a waste, so will 1/4 the recipe next time. DELICIOUS!! Thank you Wendy!